Tuesday, September 15, 2009

School, Sales, Shots, and Trails!

Well the Cotton Girls have been busy lately and the blog has sadly been neglected again. So allow me to give an update on what's been going on.


Breelyn started school(Parent's Day Out) last Wednesday and seems to be liking it quite well. In fact Monday she told me to just hand her, the backpack, lunch, and nap mat and she could walk to her classroom by herself. I had to explain it didn't work that way, Mommy has to check you in, after all you are only THREE!


Saturday we had a yard sale and Breelyn and Callie enjoyed welcoming everyone. As they left though Bree would shout to Mommy or Daddy, "What did they TAKE?" or mostly "Why didn't they TAKE anything?" Callie enjoyed taking all the baby toys that she hasn't showed interest in for months out of the box and placing them for the guests to trip on. Yard Sales are just too much work with not enough reward for me!

Callie turned 13 months on the 10th and finally had her year check up yesterday! She weighed in at a whooping 18 pounds 6oz (5th percentile)I promise I feed this child and she does eat, I guess she is just an active little booger! Dr. C wasn't too concerned she looks healthy. Her height was 29 1/4 in (40th percentile) not sure though if she got measured right because I think she is actually shorter. Overall she had a good report just a little cold going on right now with 1st molars coming in and then shots too top it off, she's not feeling her best but continues to be her silly persistent self! She is very obsessed with doggies right now and their barks and howls. She also continues to watch Breelyn's every move and the copying has really begun, I will have to post her dance moves soon!

My new thing is HIKING thanks to one of my BFFs, Lindsay. It so beats going to the gym or walking/running around the block in my eyes. I purchased the ERGO baby carrier and wish I had it a year ago. Callie has done great riding on Mommy's back and has definitely made it more of a work out for me. Here are a couple shots from a family hike last week and then today's hike with sweet Mina and her cool momma! I love getting back into nature and only scream if I think a spider is on me or the BABY!





How cute are these two after a very long hike in the woods!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am so glad you are enjoying the hiking. I can't think of a better workout! Callie looks like a little girl in these photos. Doesn't she know she is still a baby?